All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow do you listen effectively when you're already late for a meeting? How do you respond to a girl who's so angry that she's threatening to hit someone? Or to a boy who feels like giving up altogether? How do you listen, t only to students, but also to parents and to colleagues? Whatever your role in school, listening will be at the heart of what you do. Your school will be measured, in part, by the quality of its daily relationships and those relationships will depend on how confidently people are able to listen to each other. This book answers all the difficult questions about how to listen, what to say, confidentiality and more. Helping with particular issues such as bullying, relationship difficulties, depression and self-harm is also covered. With over 35 years' experience in a variety of school roles, Nick Luxmoore offers practical, realistic answers, advice and guidance. This book will be essential reading for teachers and n-teachers alike.
- Author BiographyNick Luxmoore is a school counsellor, trainer, teacher, youth worker and UKCP registered Psychodrama psychotherapist. He has over 35 years' experience of work with young people and with the professionals who support them. He is the author of several books published by Jessica Kingsley Publishers, including School Counsellors Working with Young People and Staff: A Whole-School Approach, Working with Anger and Young People and Feeling Like Crap: Young People and the Meaning of Self-Esteem. He currently works as the Counsellor at King Alfred's Academy, Wantage, UK.
- Author(s)Nick Luxmoore
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication21/09/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Weight136 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine8 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $199.00Trending at AU $201.75
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $64.70Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.37
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.