All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
About this product
- DescriptionEverything you need to kw in order to manage risk effectively within your organization You cant afford to igre the explosion in mathematical finance in your quest to remain competitive. This exciting branch of mathematics has very direct practical implications: when a new model is tested and implemented it can have an immediate impact on the financial environment. With risk management top of the agenda for many organizations, this book is essential reading for getting to grips with the mathematical story behind the subject of financial risk management. It will take you on a journey from the early ideas of risk quantification up to today's sophisticated models and approaches to business risk management. To help you investigate the most up-to-date, pioneering developments in modern risk management, the book presents statistical theories and shows you how to put statistical tools into action to investigate areas such as the design of mathematical models for financial volatility or calculating the value at risk for an investment portfolio. * Respected academic author Simon Hubbert is the youngest director of a financial engineering program in the U.K. He brings his industry experience to his practical approach to risk analysis * Captures the essential mathematical tools needed to explore many common risk management problems * Website with model simulations and source code enables you to put models of risk management into practice * Plunges into the world of high-risk finance and examines the crucial relationship between the risk and the potential reward of holding a portfolio of risky financial assets This book is your one-stop-shop for effective risk management.
- Author BiographyDr SIMON HUBBERT is a lecturer in Mathematics and Mathematical Finance at Birkbeck College, University of London, where he is currently the programme director for the graduate diploma in Financial Engineering. He has taught masters level courses on Risk Management and Financial Mathematics for many years and also has valuable industrial experience having engaged in consultation work with IBM global business services and as a risk analyst for the debt management office, a branch of HM-Treasury.
- Author(s)Simon Hubbert
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication30/12/2011
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleWiley Finance Series
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight750 g
- Width174 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.