All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLearn Two Popular Programming Languages in a Single Volume Widely used by scientists and engineers, well-established MATLAB(R) and open-source Octave are similar software programs providing excellent capabilities for data analysis, visualization, and more. By means of straightforward explanations and examples from different areas in mathematics, engineering, finance, and physics, Essential MATLAB and Octave explains how MATLAB and Octave are powerful tools applicable to a variety of problems. This text provides an introduction that reveals basic structures and syntax, demonstrates the use of functions and procedures, outlines availability in various platforms, and highlights the most important elements for both programs. Effectively Implement Models and Prototypes Using Computational Models This text requires prior kwledge. Self-contained, it allows the reader to use the material whenever needed rather than follow a particular order. Compatible with both languages, the book material incorporates commands and structures that allow the reader to gain a greater awareness of MATLAB and Octave, write their own code, and implement their scripts and programs within a variety of applicable fields. It is always made clear when particular examples apply only to MATLAB or only to Octave, allowing the book to be used flexibly depending on readers' requirements. * Includes brief, simple code that works in both MATLAB and Octave * Provides exercise sections at the end of each chapter * Introduces framed examples and discussions with a scientific twist * Exercises are provided at the end of each chapter Essential MATLAB and Octave offers an introductory course in MATLAB and Octave programming and is an authoritative resource for students in physics, mathematics, statistics, engineering, and any other subjects that require the use of computers to solve numerical problems.
- Author BiographyDr. Jesus Rogel-Salazar is a member of the School of Physics, Astronomy and Mathematics at the University of Hertfordshire, UK, and a visiting researcher at the Department of Physics at Imperial College London, UK. He obtained his doctorate in physics at Imperial College London for work on quantum atom optics and ultra-cold matter. He has held a position as senior lecturer in mathematics as well as a consultant in the financial industry since 2006. His interests include mathematical modelling, data science, and optimization in a wide range of applications including optics, quantum mechanics, data journalism, and finance.
- Author(s)Jesus Rogel-Salazar
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication19/12/2014
- SubjectComputing: General
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note24 black & white illustrations, 10 black & white tables
- Weight521 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $89.84
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.84
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.59
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.01
- AU $40.67Trending at AU $41.16
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.