All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor more than 50 years, it has been recognized that diet influences cancer formation both in humans and in experimental animals. In fact, early investigators successfully retarded the onset of tumors in animals by dietary manipulation. Such findings led to an early optimism that cancer would prove to be yet ather disease resulting from dietary imbalances and might thus be amenable to prevention or cure by appropriate nutritional changes. Subsequent studies showed that the influence of diet on cancer formation was t only very complex, it also did t appear to playa direct causative role in carcigenesis. Thus during the mid-1950s scientific interest in diet and cancer greatly waned. By the early 1970s, however, a resurging interest in diet and cancer became evident. This field of activity has continued to grow. Yet for over 20 years, comprehensive meeting has been held to summarize the major developments concerning dietary modification of carcigenesis over a broad range of essential nutrients. To fill this void, a workshop was held on the role of essential nutrients in carcigenesis from January 30 to February 1, 1985, in Bethesda, Maryland, under the auspices of the National Cancer Institute. This volume is a compilation of the presenta- tions made at that meeting.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication04/11/2011
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleAdvances in Experimental Medicine and Biology
- Series Part/Volume Number206
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1082 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byLionel A. Poirier
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1986
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.