All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.94
About this product
- DescriptionDrug abuse, alcoholism, compulsive gambling, and other destructive addictions plague our society. Theories of addiction locate its cause variously--in factors related to the substance, the addict's personality, or to the addict's environment. Arguments about effective treatment programs are fierce. Essential Papers on Addiction presents the most important writing and the various sides of the debate on the psychoanalytic understanding and treatment of addiction. Daniel Yalisove outlines the history of the treatment of addiction and introduces important psychoanalytic concepts used in understanding addicts. The book includes case studies which illustrate the course of addiction and presents the work of the most influential theorists in the field. Divided into eight sections focusing on historical work on addiction, psychoanalytic theories of addiction, transference and countertransference issues in treating addiction, psychoanalytic treatment for the addictions, psychoanalytic therapy and disease concepts, and psychiatric illness and addiction, this definitive volume includes contributions by the most experienced and rewned experts on the subject. Contributors include S. Freud, E. Glover, S. Rado, R. P. Knight, L. Wurmser, N. E. Zinberg, H. Krystal, D. Jacobs, R. Fine, J. Gustafson, C. L. Brown, M. L. Selzer, V. Davidson, J. Imhof, R. Hirsch, R. E. Terenzi, M. E. Chafetz, A. Silber, R. J. Rosenthal, E. M. Pattison, M. B. Sobell, L. C. Sobell, J. E. Zweben, E. Simmel, B. Brickman, E. J. Khantzian, R. D. Weiss, S. M. Mirin, A. T. McLellan, and H. J. Richards.
- Author BiographyDaniel Yalisove is Associate Professor of Psychology at John Jay College of Criminal Justice and Visiting Clinical Professor of Psychology at the NYU Postdoctoral Program. A clinical psychologist, he was formerly Program Director of the START Program at Cabrini Medical Center in New York.
- PublisherNew York University Press
- Date of Publication01/07/1997
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleEssential Papers in Psychoanalysis
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew York University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight816 g
- Width3895 mm
- Height5830 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edited byDaniel L. Yalisove
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.