All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $13.42Trending at AU $19.99
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.85
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $17.43
About this product
- DescriptionThe messianic idea that a redeemer sent by God will come to end the suffering of a persecuted people and inaugurate a new age of justice and peace has been one of the most powerful and influential concepts given by the Jewish people to western civilization. This book represents a sample of the most penetrating and provocative scholarly interpretations of Jewish messianic movement from various perspectives- historical, sociological, psychological, and religious.
- Author BiographyMarc Saperstein, who previously held the first regular faculty appointment in Jewish Studies at Harvard divinity school, is currently Gloria M. Goldstein Professor of Jewish History and Thought at Washington University in St Louis.
- PublisherNew York University Press
- Date of Publication01/04/1992
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleEssential Papers on Jewish Studies
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew York University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight794 g
- Width3887 mm
- Height5817 mm
- Spine39 mm
- Edited byMarc Saperstein
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.