Essential Psychotherapies: Theory and Practice by Guilford Publications (Hardback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $135.37+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $75.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.77Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionThe leading survey text for basic psychotherapy courses, this book offers authoritative, engaging presentations of the 12 most important forms of psychotherapy practiced today. Prominent experts cover traditional treatments as well as influential models that have been developed relatively recently, giving students and practitioners a solid grasp of foundational theories, techniques, and research. Each chapter follows a common set of organizational guidelines; features illustrative vignettes and a full case example; and concludes with readings and resources to guide further study. New to This Edition *Incorporates the latest clinical developments and research. *Chapter on third-wave behavior therapies. *Each chapter has expanded discussions of the role of the therapeutic relationship and the use of evidence-based practices. *Concise chapters make the book even more instructor and student friendly.
- Author BiographyStanley B. Messer, PhD, is Dean of the Graduate School of Applied and Professional Psychology at Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, where he was Chairperson of the Department of Clinical Psychology for 9 years. He is interested in the application of psychodynamic theory and research to the brief and integrative therapies and has contributed to the debate on evidence-based practice. The author or editor of a number of books and many articles and book chapters, Dr. Messer is currently Associate Editor of the online journal Pragmatic Case Studies in Psychotherapy and serves on several other editorial boards. He is an American Psychological Association Fellow in the Society of Clinical Psychology, the Society of Theoretical and Philosophical Psychology, and the Society for the Advancement of Psychotherapy. Dr. Messer maintains a private practice in Highland Park, New Jersey. Alan S. Gurman, PhD, until his death in 2013, was Emeritus Professor of Psychiatry at the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health in Madison. A pioneer in the development of integrative approaches to couple therapy, he edited and wrote many influential books; was a past two-term editor of the Journal of Marital and Family Therapy; and was former President of the Society for Psychotherapy Research. Dr. Gurman received numerous awards for his contributions to couple and family therapy, including the Distinguished Achievement in Family Therapy Research Award from the American Family Therapy Academy and the Distinguished Contribution to Family Psychology Award from the American Psychological Association. He also received the Award for Distinguished Achievement in Teaching and Training from the Association of Psychology Postdoctoral and Internship Centers.
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication07/06/2011
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content Noteill
- Weight1114 g
- Width175 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Edited byAlan S. Gurman,Stanley B. Messer
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.