Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $53.80Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by oodals
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $13.00Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe book you are holding contains the keys to writing great Silverlight 3 applications. Use them well! -From the Foreword by Scott Guthrie, corporate vice president, Microsoft Developer Division Microsoft Silverlight is a leading cross-platform, Rich Internet Application (RIA) techlogy that allows you to create more compelling and interactive Web experiences than are possible with simple HTML browser pages. Silverlight 3 includes significant improvements over previous versions, including out-of-browser operation, H.264 video, 3D graphics, and real-time effects. Essential Silverlight 3 is the definitive reference and insider's guide. It t only covers all the key features of the Silverlight 3 runtime and how to use them but, in Under the Hood sections, explains why each feature was developed and how each one works. These insider explanations often lead to concise, practical performance tips that can help you speed up your own Silverlight applications. Author Ashraf Michail is uniquely qualified to explain Silverlight 3. He is a Microsoft Silverlight architect who has guided Silverlight from its beginnings through the current version. In this book, he shows how to * Integrate the principles and components of a Silverlight application, including XAP, XAML, and .NET code* Use Silverlight vector graphics, bitmap images, and animation* Display predictable and readable text across platforms and animate text elements* Obtain mouse and keyboard input, including mouse wheel events* Implement smooth animations to improve your user interface and make your application more pleasing to the user* Use the Canvas, StackPanel, Grid, and Border elements to lay out your application and define custom layout elements* Play high-quality, live, and on-demand video and audio* Customize the built-in and toolkit controls and develop new custom Silverlight controls* Connect to and synchronize with data using Silverlight Data Binding* Use built-in real-time effects and define custom HLSL pixel shaders* Enable GPU-accelerated rendering If you are a developer who is getting started with Silverlight or an expert Silverlight developer who is interested in understanding the inner workings of the Silverlight runtime, this book is for you.
- Author BiographyAshraf Michail is a Microsoft Silverlight architect who has been working on Silverlight since its inception in 2005. Prior to that, he worked on a number of graphics, UI framework, and Internet technologies, including WPF and Internet Explorer. Michail has been at Microsoft for eleven years, has built a number of graphics engines, and has driven the architecture for graphics engines and UI frameworks for much of his Microsoft career.
- Author(s)Ashraf Michail
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication21/09/2009
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAddison-Wesley Educational Publishers Inc
- Out-of-print date15/01/2015
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight517 g
- Width176 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.60
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.