Essential Skills In Family Therapy by Lee Williams, Claudia Grauf-Grounds, JoEllen Patterson, Larry Chamow, Todd M. Edwards (Hardback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $65.69Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $74.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionReadable and concise yet immensely informative, this bestselling text prepares students and new therapists to work confidently and effectively in real-world clinical practice with families. The authors offer wise and compassionate guidance on everything from intake and assessment to treatment planning, the nuts and bolts of specific interventions, the nuances of establishing therapeutic relationships, and how to troubleshoot when treatment gets stuck. They help the vice clinician navigate typical dilemmas and concerns, and spell out the basics of therapist self-care. Vivid case examples, sample forms, and quick-reference tables enhance the utility of the text. New to This Edition *Updated throughout to reflect current clinical findings and practices. *Many new or revised case examples. *Now more integrative--shows how to flexibly draw on multiple theories and techniques. *New topics, including Dealing with Clients We Dislike. See also the authors' Essential Assessment Skills for Couple and Family Therapists, which shows how to weave assessment into all phases of therapy, and Clinician's Guide to Research Methods in Family Therapy.
- Author BiographyJoEllen Patterson, PhD, is Professor of Marital and Family Therapy at the University of San Diego and Associate Clinical Professor in the Department of Family and Preventive Medicine and the Department of Psychiatry at the University of California, San Diego. She has written several books and numerous articles on family therapy training and the integration of mental health services into primary care. Lee Williams, PhD, is Professor of Marital and Family Therapy at the University of San Diego and does couple therapy with veterans at the San Diego Veterans Administration hospital. He has conducted research and published several articles on marriage preparation, interchurch couples, and family therapy training. Todd Edwards, PhD, is Associate Professor and Director of the Marital and Family Therapy Program at the University of San Diego. His primary clinical and research interests are collaboration between family therapists and medical professionals, medical family therapy, and medical family therapy training. He is a practicing family therapist and serves as Assistant Clinical Professor in the Department of Family and Preventive Medicine at the University of California, San Diego. Larry Chamow, PhD, is Clinical Professor of Marital and Family Therapy at the University of San Diego and is in full-time private practice at the Pacific Family Institute in Carlsbad, California. His interests and publications focus on couple therapy, supervision, self of the therapist, and family businesses. Claudia Grauf-Grounds, PhD, is Professor and Chair of Marriage and Family Therapy at Seattle Pacific University and a clinical faculty member at the University of Washington School of Medicine. She conducts research, publishes, and presents on family therapy training and collaborative healthcare models, including spirituality. She has been honored as Supervisor of the Year by the Washington Association for Marriage and Family Therapy.
- Author(s)Claudia Grauf-Grounds,JoEllen Patterson,Larry Chamow,Lee Williams,Todd M. Edwards
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication08/09/2009
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Series TitleThe Guilford Family Therapy
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight546 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.07New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.99New
- AU $61.14Used
- AU $93.21New
- AU $101.29New
- AU $70.76New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.85
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.44
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $73.99
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.