All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe 38 selections in the volume include complete texts of all of Veblen's major articles and book reviews from 1882 to 1914, plus key chapters from his books The Theory of the Leisure Class (1899), The Theory of Business Enterprise (1904) and The Instinct of Workmanship (1914). These writings present a wide range of Veblen's most significant contributions, especially with respect to the philosophical and psychological foundations of ecomics, sociology, and other social sciences. A thorougly comprehensive volume, this is the only collection to present Veblen's writings in chrological order, so that their development can be correctly understood. The volume is edited by a leading sociologist and a prominent ecomist, who provide extensive introductory essays which include item-by-item commentaries that place each selection in its intellectual-historical context and in relation to subsequent developments in ecomics. It makes for a valuable source of reference both for students and researchers alike. .
- Author BiographyCharles Camic is John Evans Professor of Sociology at Northwestern University. Previously, he was Martindale-Bascom Professor of Sociology at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Geoffrey M. Hodgson is a Research Professor in Business Studies at the University of Hertfordshire. He is an academician of the Academy of Social Sciences and the author of of over 100 academic journal articles, as well as having written numerous books.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication13/11/2013
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight884 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edited byCharles Camic,Geoffrey M. Hodgson
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.34New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $20.05New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.85Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.