Essentials of Accessible Grounded Theory by Caroline Jane Porr, Phyllis Noerager Stern (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $39.42Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $53.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPhyllis Noerager Stern and Caroline Porr provide the most accessible description of grounded theory methods to date in this brief, clear, and useful guide. Based on the foundational work of Barney Glaser, the volume reflects the complexity of conducting grounded theory research-- t something that can be done by the numbers -- while offering much-needed help to younger scholars and community-based researchers in using the method effectively in practice. Examples, exercises, references and a glossary provide important resources for the grounded-theory vice.
- Author BiographyPhyllis Noerager Stern, DNS, LLD (hon.), RN, FAAN, was Professor Emerita and Glenn W. Irwin, MD Research Scholar at Indiana University Purdue University at Indianapolis. She studied with Barney G Glaser and Anselm Strauss while pursuing her doctoral degree at the University of California, San Francisco in the 1970s. Over the ensuing decades, she was engaged in doing grounded theory and publishing both research and methodological articles and book chapters. In 1994, she coined the terms Strausian and Glaserian to label the two schools of grounded theory analysis. Phyllis was known for her mentoring ability; as editor of the scientific journal Health Care for Women International from 1984 to 2001, she launched numerous first-time authors. In 1984 she organized the International Council on Women s Health Issues in Nova Scotia, Canada, and held the position of Council General until 2002. Phyllis held faculty positions at California State University Hayward, University of California San Francisco, Northwestern State University at Shreveport, Louisiana, and Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia. In 2008 she was named a Living Legend by the American Academy of Nursing. Caroline Jane Porr, BScN, RN, MN, PhD, CIHR Strategic Training Fellow, received her doctorate in nursing from the University of Alberta in November 2009. She employed grounded theory methodology at the doctoral level to delineate the process of establishing therapeutic relationships in the context of vulnerability and stigmatization. Caroline s requisite research knowledge, skills and mentoring were honed during a two-year Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) strategic training initiative as a doctoral fellow at The International Institute for Qualitative Methodology.
- Author(s)Caroline Jane Porr,Phyllis Noerager Stern
- PublisherLeft Coast Press Inc
- Date of Publication15/04/2011
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleQualitative Essentials
- Place of PublicationWalnut Creek
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLeft Coast Press Inc
- Content Noteexercises, glossary, notes, references, index
- Weight248 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.95
- AU $19.54Trending at AU $22.76
- AU $32.25Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $15.04Trending at AU $16.94
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $31.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.