All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAdministering Team Foundation Server 2013 covers the critical as well as the less obvious aspects of managing a TFS server in a variety of development and test environments. Coverage includes basic installation, initial configuration, maintenance, and common trouble shooting techniques, sizing and performance considerations. The book explains how TFS can help you incorporate Git source control (probably the most popular open source code control system) in your TFS environment to gain the best features of both. You'll learn how to set up TFS to match how you develop software. The book covers the whole development process, along with practical advice on implementing Agile methodologies that blend well with TFS's existing features. In addition the author also dives into using TFS in your team covering subjects like setting up accounts for different roles, how to manage users and groups--plus what you need to kw about TFS security and running a secure team. No discussion of a centralized system like TFS would be complete without a learning how to backup and restore it, and the author covers what you will need to kw maintain your TFS including the backup and restore details required to properly plan for disaster recovery. In addition, the book also covers what you need to kw about TFS functionality in creating and setting up collections and projects, how to manage the build process with Team Build (including setting it up and deploying build server and agents), using templates to speed up the creation of builds, building multi-platform solutions, adding quality gates to your process, and getting code coverage information. The book also offers comprehensive information about testing, using tools like Microsoft Test Manager, Microsoft Lab Manager, CodedUI, Web, and other testing features.
- Author BiographyGary has worked in software development for over 20 years, spanning many industries and disciplines. Gary is a Microsoft MVP in the ALM specialty, working closely with Microsoft on the Team Foundation Server 2012 release. He has consulted and worked for the nation's top technology companies.
- Author(s)Gary Gauvin
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication02/12/2015
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- Content Notebiography
- Weight367 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.47New
- AU $65.12Used
- AU $78.93New
- AU $105.86New
- AU $75.86Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $64.22Trending at AU $77.83
- AU $21.86Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $19.90Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $19.49
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.70
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.09
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $94.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.