All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book covers new and exciting topics which have emerged in the area of autopsy recently, including the three different post-mortem CT-angiography systems currently available to practitioners in this field; a highly topical chapter on the role of genetic abrmalities in the handling of drugs within the body and how this can affect the interpretation of toxicological results in relation to how the drug may have caused or contributed to death; an update on the current classification and considerations related to deaths due to hanging; a review of injuries and fatalities caused by animals including post-mortem scavenging; an authoritative review of poisons and toxins from water and the life that inhabits it; and recent advances in kwledge in the use of entomology as an investigative tool as well as kwledge related to colonisation of cadavers by insects, animals and birds. Essentials of Autopsy Practice: Advances, Updates and Emerging Techlogies is a multi-subject book, aimed at different grades of practitioners, from different practice areas, covering topics that are currently discussed and anticipated to be discussed in the field of autopsy practice over the next few years.
- Author BiographyGuy Rutty is a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery and has a Medical Doctorate. He is a Fellow of the Royal College of Pathologists and holds the Royal College of Pathologists Diploma in Forensic Pathology. He is a Fellow of the Forensic Science Society and a Founding Fellow of the Faculty of Forensic and Legal Medicine at the Royal College of Physicians. He holds the Foundation Chair in Forensic Pathology at the University of Leicester where he is Chief Forensic Pathologist and he is an Honorary Consultant in Histopathology to the University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust and he is a Home Office Registered Forensic Pathologist, having been placed on the Home Office Accredited Register in 1996. He has served as an elected member of Council of the Royal College of Pathologists and acted as the Chair of the Forensic Pathology Specialist Advisory Committee and remains on this Committee to date. He is a visiting Fellow of Cranfield University and sits on the Academic Committee of the Faculty of Forensic and Legal Medicine at the Royal College of Physicians where he is a member of their Research Committee having been the Foundation Chair of the committee. He has been a member of the Policy Delivery Board for Forensic Pathology for the Home Office and is a member of the Netherlands Board of Court Experts Advisory Committee for Standards for Forensic Pathology.
- PublisherSpringer London Ltd
- Date of Publication07/08/2013
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationEngland
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpringer London Ltd
- Content Note10 black & white tables, biography
- Weight415 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byGuy Rutty
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $29.85Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.72Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.