Essentials of College Algebra by Teresa McGinnis, John Hornsby, David I. Schneider, David Schneider, Callie J. Daniels, Margaret Lial, Margaret L. Lial (Hardback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $304.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $187.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEssentials of College Algebra, Eleventh Edition, by Lial, Hornsby, Schneider, and Daniels, develops both the conceptual understanding and the analytical skills necessary for success in mathematics. With the Eleventh Edition, the authors have adapted and updated the program for the evolving student, New co-author Callie Daniels brings her experience with traditional, hybrid, and online courses, to create a suite of resources to support today's learners. Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; MyMathLab does t come packaged with this content. MyMathLab is t a self-paced techlogy and should only be purchased when required by an instructor. If you would like to purchase both the physical text and MyMathLab, search for: 0321912152 / 9780321912152 Essentials of College Algebra Plus NEW MyMathLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package Package consists of 0321431308/ 9780321431301 MyMathLab -- Glue-in Access Card 0321654064 / 9780321654069 MyMathLab-- Inside Star Sticker 032191225X/ 9780321912251-- Essentials of Algebra, Eleventh Edition
- Author BiographyMarge Lial (late) was always interested in math; it was her favorite subject in the first grade! Marge's intense desire to educate both her students and herself has inspired the writing of numerous best-selling textbooks. Marge, who received Bachelor's and Master's degrees from California State University at Sacramento, was affiliated with American River College. An avid reader and traveler, her travel experiences often found their way into her books as applications, exercise sets, and feature sets. Her interest in archeology led to trips to various digs and ruin sites, producing some fascinating problems for her textbooks involving such topics as the building of Mayan pyramids and the acoustics of ancient ball courts in the Yucatan. When John Hornsby enrolled as an undergraduate at Louisiana State University, he was uncertain whether he wanted to study mathematics education or journalism. His ultimate decision was to become a teacher, but after twenty-five years of teaching at the high school and university levels and fifteen years of writing mathematics textbooks, both of his goals have been realized. His love for both teaching and for mathematics is evident in his passion for working with students and fellow teachers as well. His specific professional interests are recreational mathematics, mathematics history, and incorporating graphing calculators into the curriculum. John's personal life is busy as he devotes time to his family (wife Gwen, and sons Chris, Jack, and Josh). He has been a rabid baseball fan all his life. John's other hobbies include numismatics (the study of coins) and record collecting. He loves the music of the 1960s and has an extensive collection of the recorded works of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons. David Schneider has taught mathematics at universities for over 34 years and has authored 36 books. He has an undergraduate degree in mathematics from Oberlin College and a PhD in mathematics from MIT. During most of his professional career, he was on the faculty of the University of Maryland--College Park. His hobbies include travel, dancing, bicycling, and hiking. Callie Daniels has always had a passion for learning mathematics and brings that passion into the classroom with her students. She attended the University of the Ozarks on an athletic scholarship, playing both basketball and tennis. While there, she earned a bachelor's degree in Secondary Mathematics Education as well as the NAIA Academic All-American Award. She has two master's degrees: one in Applied Mathematics and Statistics from the University of Missouri-Rolla, the second in Adult Education from the University of Missouri- St. Louis. Her hobbies include watching her sons play sports, riding horses, fishing, shooting photographs, and playing guitar. Her professional interests include improving success in the community college mathematics sequence, using technology to enhance students' understanding of mathematics, and creating materials that support classroom teaching and student understanding.
- Author(s)Callie J. Daniels,David I. Schneider,David Schneider,John Hornsby,Margaret L. Lial,Margaret Lial,Teresa McGinnis
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication02/01/2014
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight1420 g
- Width216 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edition Statement11th edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.