All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEssentials of Coordination Chemistry: A Simplified Approach with 3D Visuals provides an accessible overview of this key, foundational topic in irganic chemistry. Thoroughly illustrated within the book and supplemented by online 3D images and videos in full color, this valuable resource covers basic fundamentals before exploring more advanced topics of interest. The work begins with an introduction to the structure, properties, and syntheses of ligands with metal centers, before discussing the variety of isomerism exhibited by coordination compounds, such as structural, geometrical and optical isomerism. As thermodynamics and kinetics provide a gateway to synthesis and reactivity of coordination compounds, the book then describes the determination of stability constants and composition of complexes. Building upon those principles, the resource then explains a wide variety of nucleophilic substitution reactions exhibited by both octahedral and square planar complexes. Finally, the book discusses metal carbonyls and nitrosyls, special classes of compounds that can stabilize zero or even negative formal oxidation states of metal ions. Highlighting preparations, properties, and structures, the text explores the unique type of Metal-Ligand bonding which enable many interesting applications of these compounds. Thoughtfully organized for academic use, Essentials of Coordination Chemistry: A Simplified Approach with 3D Visuals encourages interactive learning. Advanced undergraduate and graduate students, as well as researchers requiring a full overview and visual understanding of coordination chemistry, will find this book invaluable. * Includes valuable visual content through 3D images and videos in full color, available online* Provides a valuable introduction to the study of organic and irganic ligands with metal centers* Discusses advanced topics including metal carbonyls and nitrosyls
- Author BiographyDr. Vasishta Bhatt has two decades of teaching / research experience with individuals of different categories including undergraduate, postgraduate, researchers, college and university teachers, and academic administrators. He has taught a wide variety of topics in chemistry including fundamentals of organic, inorganic, and physical-analytical chemistry to about 10,000 learners to date. A constant endeavor to improvise teaching methods led him to supplement chalk and talk method with the four-quadrant self learning modules via the anywhere-anytime mode of education. His books contain 2D and 3D images as well as anaglyph / color-coded 3D movies. The content in his books are improved and simplified subsequent to classroom interactions with students.
- Author(s)Vasishta Bhatt
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication12/11/2015
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Content NoteApprox. 200 illustrations
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.