All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.50
- AU $18.97Trending at AU $20.65
About this product
- DescriptionDental caries (tooth decay) is one of the most highly prevalent diseases around the world affecting a significant proportion of the population. Dental caries may take place on any tooth surface in the oral cavity where dental plaque is allowed to develop over a period of time. Understanding its causes and progression allows the dental team to help the patient control and manage it so that patients can maintain healthy teeth for life. The fourth edition of Essentials of Dental Caries provides readers with an up-to-date, clinically relevant guide to dental caries. Written in an accessible style, the authors explain the biological and socioecomic background of lesion development and progress. Current methods of clinical diagsis and evidence based management are outlined in clearly laid out and highly illustrated chapters. This book is essential reading for students and practitioners of dentistry, dental therapy, dental hygiene, and oral health educators.
- Author BiographyEdwina Kidd is Emerita Professor of Cariology at King's College, London. She qualified at the Royal Dental Hospital, London, in 1967. Although she was a teacher of Conservative Dentistry, her research interests have been in cariology. She has published extensively in research journals and lectured worldwide. She is author of Essentials of Dental Caries, editions of Pickard's Manual of Operative Dentistry (Oxford University Press) and is co-editor of Dental Caries (Wiley-Blackwell) with Ole Fejerskov and Bente Nyvad. Her principal aim in teaching and writing has been to base the practice of Conservative Dentistry on the science of Cariology. Ole Fejerskov is Emeritus Professor at Institute of Biomedicine, Aarhus University. Professor Fejerskov has completed honorary Doctoral degrees at universities in Goteborg, Oslo, Oulo, Montpellier, Beijing, Chengdu and Shanghai. He has been Professor and chair of the Department of Dental Pathology, Operative Dentistry and Endodontics at the Royal Dental College Aarhus for 20 years, and Dean for over 8 years. Ole Fejerskov has written and edited 10 international books, and over 400 papers on dental caries and fluorides, and was editor-in-chief of Community Dentistry and Oral Epidemiology, an international dental journal, for 10 years. He is also a visiting professor in France, Australia, Japan and Singapore, and has completed extensive epidemiological studies on oral health in East Africa, and China.
- Author(s)Edwina A. M. Kidd,Ole Fejerskov
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication16/06/2016
- SubjectDentistry & Dental Nursing
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight368 g
- Width167 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.