Essentials of Health Information Management: Principles and Practices by Mary Jo Bowie, Michelle Green (Paperback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $101.99Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $174.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionESSENTIALS OF HEALTH INFORMATION MANAGEMENT: PRINCIPLES AND PRACTICES, THIRD EDITION introduces the concepts of Health Information Techlogy and Management. In the age of the Electronic Health Record, staying on top of the latest trends in techlogy and Federal legislation is a must for today's health care professional. This resource is mapped to the latest CAHIIM domains and standards, and includes new coverage of e-HIM, Electronic Health Records, data integrity and security, ICD-10-CM implementation, HIPAA, and more. Concise and approachable, this text presents topics in simple language that readers can easily understand. MindTap(TM) is available to give you unprecedented online course management, and the accompanying Lab Manual features Electronic Health Record activities using NeehrPerfect(TM) Vista EHR software (separate subscription required).
- Author BiographyMary Jo Bowie is the owner of Health Information Professional Services in Binghamton, New York, which has provided medical record consultative services for various health facilities for more than 25 years. She served as an instructor in Health Information Technology Programs for more than 20 years, teaching such courses as Inpatient Coding, Ambulatory Care Coding, Quality Assurance, Survey of Healthcare and Computers in Healthcare. Ms. Bowie is now the Health Information Management and Medical Coding program director at Mount Wachusett Community College and an associate professor. She develops all course content within the curriculum, including ICD-9-CM and ICD-10-CM/PCS courses, CPT/HCPCS courses, Introduction and Advanced Health Data courses. Ms. Bowie is a registered Health Information Administrator and an accredited Health Information Technician. She is an active member of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) and is also an AHIMA ICD-10-CM/PCS-approved Train the Trainer. She served on the New York State Health Information Association Board of Directors from 1989 to 1991 and was education director and on the Ambulatory Coding Guideline Committee. Ms. Bowie was the New York State nominee for the National Award for Literacy Contribution to Profession, 1993 and 1994. She is a National and Regional speaker on ICD-9-CM, CPT and ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS, as well as a trusted course writer for Cengage Learning. Ms. Bowie holds an Associate of Arts Degree, a Bachelor of Science Degree and a Master of Science Degree. She has conducted more than 50 national training seminars on ICD-10-CM/PCS coding. Mount Wachusett Community College, Gardner, Massachusetts R Bio: Michelle A. Green, MPS, RHIA, FAHIMA, CPC is an Adjunct Professor in the Health Information Management Department at Mount Wachusett Community College, Gardner, Massachusetts. Ms. Green has also held the position of SUNY Distinguished Teaching Professor in the Physical and Life Sciences Department at the State University of New York, College of Technology, Alfred, from 1984 through 2016. An active member of the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) and American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA), Ms. Green has been recognized both for her excellence in teaching and for her significant contributions to the Health Information Management profession. She has earned numerous awards, including the State University of New York Chancellor's Award for Excellence in Teaching, Alfred State College's Alumni Association Teacher of the Year, Who's Who Among America's Teachers, and the FORE Triumph Educator Award from the AHIMA. Ms. Green is a Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), a Fellow of the American Health Information Management Association (FAHIMA), and a Certified Procedural Coder (CPC). She earned a BS from Daemen College and an MPS degree from Alfred University. Ms. Green has authored three successful books related to coding and health information.
- Author(s)Mary Jo Bowie,Michelle Green
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication07/03/2015
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationFlorence
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCengage Learning, Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight748 g
- Width218 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $99.95
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.15
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $90.74
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.17
- AU $64.63Trending at AU $68.59
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $99.90Trending at AU $101.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.