All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the rewned author team that has been writing market-leading business statistics textbooks for more than 20 years, ESSENTIALS OF MODERN BUSINESS STATISTICS, 6TH EDITION provides a brief introduction to business statistics. The text balances a conceptual understanding of statistics with the real-world application of statistical methodology using problem-scenarios and real-life examples. Microsoft Excel(R) 2013 is integrated throughout the text. Step-by-step instructions and screen captures demonstrate how to most effectively use the latest version of Excel in statistical procedures, while numerous exercises give readers hands-on experience putting what they learn into practice. The Sixth Edition is packed with all-new Case Problems, Statistics in Practice applications, and real data examples and exercises.
- Author BiographyDr. David R. Anderson is a textbook author and Professor Emeritus of Quantitative Analysis in the College of Business Administration at the University of Cincinnati. He has served as head of the Department of Quantitative Analysis and Operations Management and as Associate Dean of the College of Business Administration. He was also coordinator of the College's first Executive Program. In addition to introductory statistics for business students, Dr. Anderson has taught graduate-level courses in regression analysis, multivariate analysis, and management science. He also has taught statistical courses at the Department of Labor in Washington, D.C. Professor Anderson has received numerous honors for excellence in teaching and service to student organizations. He is the coauthor of ten textbooks related to decision sciences and actively consults with businesses in the areas of sampling and statistical methods. Born in Grand Forks, North Dakota, he earned his BS, MS, and PhD degrees from Purdue University. Dr. Thomas A. Williams is Professor of Management Science in the College of Business at Rochester Institute of Technology where he was the first chairman of the Decision Sciences Department. He teaches courses in management science and statistics, as well as graduate courses in regression and decision analysis. Before joining the College of Business at RIT, Professor Williams served for seven years as a faculty member in the College of Business Administration at the University of Cincinnati, where he developed the undergraduate program in Information Systems and then served as its coordinator. The co-author of 11 leading textbooks in the areas of management science, statistics, production and operations management, and mathematics, Professor Williams has been a consultant for numerous Fortune 500 companies and has worked on projects ranging from the use of data analysis to the development of large-scale regression models. He earned his B.S. degree at Clarkson University and completed his graduate work at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, where he received his M.S. and Ph.D. degrees. Dr. Dennis J. Sweeney is a textbook author, Professor Emeritus of Quantitative Analysis and founder of the Center for Productivity Improvement at the University of Cincinnati. He also served five years as head of the Department of Quantitative Analysis and four years as Associate Dean of the College of Business Administration. In addition, he has worked in the management science group at Procter & Gamble and has been a visiting professor at Duke University. Professor Sweeney has published more than 30 articles in the area of management science and statistics. The National Science Foundation, IBM, Procter & Gamble, Federated Department Stores, Kroger, and Cincinnati Gas & Electric have funded his research, which has been published in MANAGEMENT SCIENCE, OPERATIONS RESEARCH, MATHEMATICAL PROGRAMMING, DECISION SCIENCES, and other journals. Dr. Sweeney is the coauthor of ten textbooks in the areas of statistics, management science, linear programming, and production and operations management. Born in Des Moines, Iowa, he earned a BS degree from Drake University, graduating summa cum laude. He received his MBA and DBA degrees from Indiana University, where he was an NDEA Fellow.
- Author(s)David Anderson,Dennis Sweeney,Thomas Williams
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication31/01/2015
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationFlorence
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCengage Learning, Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1429 g
- Width210 mm
- Height262 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Edition Statement6th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.74
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.18
- AU $40.67Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.