All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn a mixed-method tradition that privileges the quantitative, leading qualitative researcher Janice Morse breaks new ground by arguing the importance of research designs for which the primary component is qualitative, and contains either a quantitative or a qualitative supplemental strategy. Using a variety of examples and visual prompts, Morse convincingly demonstrates that such designs allow vice researchers to obtain answers more quickly and with more certainty. Her book * provides clear and concise explanations making even complex research designs understandable to the beginning researcher; * argues for the importance of primary qualitative designs due to their theoretical strength; * stresses the importance of using goal-directed actions and analyses that do t violate the assumptions of either qualitative or quantitative inquiry.
- Author BiographyJanice M. Morse holds the Barnes Presidential Endowed Chair in the College of Nursing at University of Utah. Trained as an anthropologist, she founded and is former director of the International Institute for Qualitative Methodology at University of Alberta. As a pioneer of mixed-methods and author of the book Mixed Method Design, she is credited with developing the mixed-methods nomenclature and developing many standard features of mixed methods designs. She is also author or editor of numerous volumes on qualitative research in health care and nursing. Morse founded and edits the journals Qualitative Health Research and Global Qualitative Nursing Research, and edits two book series for Left Coast, Developing Qualitative Inquiry and Qualitative Essentials.
- Author(s)Janice M. Morse
- PublisherLeft Coast Press Inc
- Date of Publication05/08/2016
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleQualitative Essentials
- Place of PublicationWalnut Creek
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLeft Coast Press Inc
- Content Note9 black & white tables, 15 black & white line drawings
- Weight228 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.27New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.42
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.