Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $32.26Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $24.80Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
About this product
- DescriptionEssentials of Social Statistics for a Diverse Society is a briefer version of the successful Social Statistics for a Diverse Society w in its 6th edition. As in the parent text, the context of diversity, illustrated through the use of real data in examples from contemporary social issues, will continue to differentiate this briefer statistics text. Better illustrated with more interesting examples and exercises with a focus on student learning, will set this book apart from its competitors. The book's informal writing style - coupled with the use of real-world examples makes the book more accessible and engaging for students. A focus on race, class, gender and other aspects of social diversity sets the book apart from others in the field and mirrors the major emphasis in the social sciences today. Reading the Research Literature sections in most chapters help students read and interpret statistical information in professional and scholarly publications. Learning Checks within chapters engage students in reviewing key concepts and techniques. Statistics in Practice extended examples show students applications to meaningful social issues. This title is heavily illustrated with many charts, tables and graphs and extensive end of chapter exercise sets.
- Author BiographyAnna Leon-Guerrero is a Professor of Sociology at Pacific Lutheran University in Washington. She received her PhD in sociology from the University of California, Los Angeles. She teaches courses in statistics, social theory, and social problems. Her areas of research and publications include family business, social welfare policy, and social service program evaluation. She is also the author of Social Problems: Community, Policy, and Social Action. Chava Frankfort-Nachmias is an Emeritus Professor of Sociology at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. She is the coauthor of Research Methods in the Social Sciences (with David Nachmias), coeditor of Sappho in the Holy Land (with Erella Shadmi) and numerous publications on ethnicity and development, urban revitalization, science and gender, and women in Israel. She was the recipient of the University of Wisconsin System teaching improvement grant on integrating race, ethnicity, and gender into the social statistics and research methods curriculum. She is also the coauthor (with Anna Leon-Guerrero) of Social Statistics for a Diverse Society.
- Author(s)Anna Y. Leon-Guerrero,Chava Frankfort-Nachmias
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication06/12/2011
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Out-of-print date25/11/2014
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight567 g
- Width187 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statementabridged edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.