All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionCaptivating, concise, and accessible, this Fourth Edition of Gus Martin's popular text introduces readers to the modern landscape of terrorism. Essentials of Terrorism: Concepts and Controversies covers key foundational topics by defining terrorism and introducing its history and causes, as well as discussing terrorist environments (domestic, international, religious, etc.), tactics, targets, and counterterrorism. The Fourth Edition presents new information regarding homeland security, emerging terrorist movements, gender-selective terrorism, the Internet and terrorism, social networking media and terrorism, religious terrorism, and media coverage of terrorism. It also presents new data, case studies, photos, and maps to show readers the locations of major terrorist activities and the devastation they have caused.
- Author BiographyC. Augustus Gus Martin is a Professor of Criminal Justice Administration at California State University, Dominguez Hills, where he regularly teaches a course on the subject of terrorism and extremism. He has also served as Associate Vice President for Human Resources Management, Acting Associate Dean of the College of Business Administration and Public Policy, Associate Vice President for Faculty Affairs, and Chair of the Department of Public Administration & Public Policy. He began his academic career as a member of the faculty of the Graduate School of Public and International Affairs, University of Pittsburgh, where he was an Administration of Justice professor. His current research and professional interests are terrorism and extremism, homeland security, administration of justice, and juvenile justice. Dr. Martin is author of a number of books on the subjects of terrorism and homeland security, including Understanding Homeland Security (SAGE, 2016); Essentials of Terrorism: Concepts and Controversies (2016); Understanding Terrorism: Challenges, Perspectives, and Issues (SAGE, 2015); The SAGE Encyclopedia of Terrorism, Second Edition (SAGE, 2011); Terrorism and Homeland Security (SAGE, 2011); and The New Era of Terrorism: Selected Readings (SAGE, 2004). He is also author of Juvenile Justice: Process and Systems (SAGE, 2005). Prior to joining academia, Dr. Martin served as Managing Attorney for the Fair Housing Partnership of Greater Pittsburgh, where he was also director of a program created under a federal consent decree to desegregate public and assisted housing. He was also Special Counsel to the Attorney General of the U.S. Virgin Islands on the island of St. Thomas. As Special Counsel, he occupied a personal and confidential position in the central office of the Department of Justice; sat as hearing officer for disciplinary hearings and departmental grievances; served as chair of the Drug Policy Committee; served as liaison to the intergovernmental Law Enforcement Coordinating Committee as well as to the Narcotics Strike Force; and provided daily legal and policy advice to the Attorney General. Prior to serving as Special Counsel, he was a floor Legislative Assistant to Congressman Charles B. Rangel of New York. As Legislative Assistant, he researched, evaluated and drafted legislation in areas of foreign policy, foreign aid, human rights, housing, education, social services, and poverty; he also drafted House floor statements, Congressional Record inserts, press releases, and news articles; and he composed speeches, briefing materials, and legislative correspondence.
- Author(s)Clarence Augustus Martin
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication21/03/2016
- SubjectPolitics & Government: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Weight748 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.