All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionEster endured life as a half-hearted Christian, unhappily going through the motions of her housework. O, Ester was asleep! She went to church on the Sabbath, and to preparatory lecture on a week day; she read a few verses in her Bible, frequently, t every day; she knelt at her bedside every night, and said a few words of prayer-and this was all! She traveled to New York and was excited to be in her cousin's wedding. Abbie, a strong Christian, brought much reflection into Ester's life. Ester saw with wide, open eyes, and thoroughly awakened soul, that there was a something in this Christian religion that Abbie had and she had t. This popular story by Pansy illustrates Ester's journey to become a stronger, more committed Christian.
- Author BiographyIsabella Macdonald (1841-1930) was born in Rochester, New York, into a well-educated and religious family. The nickname Pansy was given to her from her father, because she picked pansies in her childhood. She attended school at Seneca Collegiate Institute at Ovid, New York, and then at Young Ladies Institute, Auburn, New York. In 1866, she married Gustavus Rosenberg Alden, a Presbyterian minister. She communicated the Gospel through writing Sunday-school lessons, magazine articles, and hundreds of stories in her lifetime.
- Date of Publication24/10/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight322 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.