Estimating Market Power and Strategies: Estimating Market Power and Strategies by Amos Golan, Larry S. Karp, Jeffrey M. Perloff (Hardback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $118.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $126.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents, compares, and develops various techniques for estimating market power - the ability to set price profitably above marginal cost - and strategies - the game-theoretic plans used by firms to compete with rivals. The authors start by examining static model approaches to estimating market power. They extend the analysis to dynamic models. Finally, they develop methods to estimate firms' strategies directly and examine how these strategies determine market power. A detailed technical appendix reviews the relevant information-theoretic and other ecometric models that are used throughout. Questions and detailed answers for students and researchers are provided in the book for easy use.
- Author BiographyJeffrey M. Perloff is a professor in and chair of the Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics at the University of California at Berkeley. His textbooks are Modern Industrial Organization (co-authored with Dennis Carlton) and Microeconomics. Professor Perloff has been an editor of Industrial Relations and an associate editor of the American Journal of Agricultural Economics. He is currently an associate editor of the Journal of Productivity Analysis and edits the Journal of Industrial Organization Education. A fellow of the American Agricultural Economics Association, his economic research covers industrial organization, marketing, labor, trade, and econometrics. He has consulted with a number of nonprofit organizations and government agencies including the Federal Trade Commission and the Departments of Commerce, Justice, and Agriculture. Larry S. Karp is a professor in the Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics at the University of California at Berkeley. He also teaches at University of Southampton. Professor Karp has served on the editorial boards of Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, the Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, the American Journal of Agricultural Economics, and Review of International Economics. His research emphasis is environmental and resource economics, trade policy, and industrial organization, and he has consulted for federal and state agencies and private litigation on antitrust and environmental issues. Amos Golan is a professor in the Department of Economics at American University. He co-wrote Maximim Entropy Econometrics: Robust Elimination with Limited Data (with George Judge and Douglas Miller). Professor Golan has been a guest editor of the Journal of Econometrics and Econometric Reviews, and he is an associate editor of Econometric Reviews and Entropy and serves on the editorial board of Foundations and Trends in Econometrics. He has consulted for nonprofit organizations and government agencies (including the Departments of Treasury and Agriculture, as well as the US Navy and US Air Force). Professor Golan's main research covers theoretical and applied econometrics and statistics with specialties in the new field of information-theoretic and entropy econometrics. His other research includes applied microeconomics/policy, linear and nonlinear dynamics and image reconstruction.
- Author(s)Amos Golan,Jeffrey M. Perloff,Larry S. Karp
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication18/06/2007
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note20 tables
- Weight670 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.