About this product
- DescriptionEsty Maher's family is uprooted and torn apart during the Irish potato famine - 'the Hunger'. Esty is sent into service, but dreams of going to Australia to find gold, and manages to get assisted passage for her family and friends. However, when they reach Ballarat, her dream and hard work nearly turn to dust in the midst of scavenging and rebellion - but thanks to their self-reliance and ingenuity, the Mahers family turns up trumps.
- Author BiographyMary Arrigan studied at the National College of Art and Design in Dublin, University College, Dublin and Florence University. She taught art for 18 years before starting to write for children. She was awarded the International Youth Library (Munich) White Ravens title in 1997, the Bisto Merit Award in 2000 and has also won The Sunday Times Crime Writers Association Short Story Award and The Hennessy Short Story Award. Her books for Frances Lincoln include Mario's Angels and Esty's Gold. To visit Mary Arrigan's website click here
- Author(s)Mary Arrigan
- PublisherFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication08/08/2009
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFrances Lincoln Childrens Books
- Weight227 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 11
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.