All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.13Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionEternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is one of the most widely discussed and thought-provoking films of recent years. This is the first book to explore and address the philosophical aspects of Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Beginning with a helpful introduction that places each essay in context, specially commissioned chapters examine the following topics: * philosophical issues surrounding love, friendship, affirmation and repetition * the role of memory (and the emotions) in personal identity and decision-making * the morality of imagination and ethical importance of memory * philosophical questions about self-kwledge and kwing the minds of others * the aesthetics of the film considered in relation to Gondry's other works and issues in the philosophy of perception Including a foreword by Michel Gondry and a list of further reading, this volume is essential reading for students interested in philosophy and film studies.
- Author BiographyChristopher Grau is Assistant Professor of Philosophy at Clemson University. He is the author of several essays that explore ethical issues through film, including 'Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and the Morality of Memory', which appeared in the Journal of Aesthetics and Art Criticism. He is also the editor of Philosophers Explore The Matrix (2005).
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication26/05/2009
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitlePhilosophers on Film
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 3
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white halftones
- Weight226 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byChristopher Grau
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.