All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis exciting new text engages with the issue of ethical dilemmas encountered in different organizations. Rather than exploring the definition of ethical conduct, this book focuses on the way in which the process of organization produces dilemmas of ethical behaviour. Using illustrative accounts from corporate settings as a basis, the book explores the conditions that lead to ethical dilemmas and the strategies organizations adopt to deal with these dilemmas or steer away from them. The book suggests that ethical dilemmas are often dealt with by directing attention away from the core problem, rather than engaging with and solving it. This is a fascinating text, which raises important questions and provides a deeper understanding of the dynamics of ethical processes. A company's ethical behaviour is a major criterion by which the company, its products and services are judged and is therefore crucial to sound management in today's organizations. Ethical Dilemmas in Management is essential reading for all students of business and management and ethics.
- Author BiographyChristina Garsten is Professor and Chair of the Department of Social Anthropology at Stockholm University, Sweden. Tor Hernes is Professor in the Department of Organization at Copenhagen Business School, Denmark.
- Author(s)Christina Garsten,Tor Hernes
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication24/09/2008
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note3 black & white illustrations, 2 black & white tables, 3 black & white line drawings
- Weight294 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.91Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.