All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEfforts to apply ethical guidelines and regulations to vulnerable populations are often problematic. Consequently, health and social scientists sometimes shy away from the challenges of research, particularly when it means addressing value-laden social problems such as sexuality, drugs, and racism. Ethical Issues in Community-Based Research with Children and Youth is a collection of essays that describe the uniqueness of community-based research, outlining several of the ethical concerns that it engenders. The contributors examine such issues as the scope of informed consent to multiple stakeholders, determining competence to give consent in marginalized populations, and managing dual roles as participant researchers. The collection suggests that a more collaborative, ongoing, and discursive approach is needed by researchers and by ethical review boards to ensure that research on sensitive social problems with high risk populations is supported and also conducted with a clear understanding of the highest ethical standards possible.
- Author BiographyElizabeth Bannister is a professor in the School of Nursing at the University of Victoria. Cecilia Benoit is a professor in the Department of Sociology at the University of Victoria. Bonnie J. Leadbeater is a professor in the Department of Psychology at the University of Victoria. Mikael Jansson is a professor in the Department of Sociology at the University of Victoria. E. Anne Marshall is a professor in the Department of Educational Psychology and Leadership Studies at the University of Victoria. Ted Riecken is a professor in the Department of Curriculum of Instruction at the University of Victoria.
- PublisherUniversity of Toronto Press
- Date of Publication27/01/2006
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Toronto Press
- Content Note1 figure
- Weight420 g
- Width153 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byAnne Marshall,Bonnie Leadbeater,Cecilia M. Benoit,Elizabeth Banister,Mikael Jansson,Ted Riecken
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.13Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.