All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a practical guide on how to navigate the complexities of ethical leadership in sport, recognizing the increasing pressure placed on individuals and organizations in sport to be endless winners, role models, and good social citizens. Modern sport is under scrutiny in an era of weekly international headlines declaring its moral bankruptcy and looking to leaders for answers.Ethical traps and choices in sport will answer one of the most commonly asked question in sport of recent times - what is going wrong with the culture of sport? The demands and expectations of international athletes and sports organizations to be winners, role-models, good corporate citizens and social giants has never been greater, and yet every week there seems to be ather headline that declares the moral bankruptcy of our much loved sporting icons. Many people involved in the leadership of sport find it to be an emotional, consuming, passionate and singular endeavor where it is possible to simply get used to the unthinking customs and habits that have long existed and been accepted. But sport is globalizing, professionalizing and is ever more visible to the communities we live in. This book is about putting the thinking back in to cultural customs and habits so that sports' leaders can avoid the slippery slope toward big integrity problems. The goals of the book are three-fold: to highlight classic examples of ethical traps with engaging and approachable case studies, to assist sports' leaders to navigate more confidently toward value-based choices, and to enable the reader to reduce the risk of ethical issues in their sports' organizations and communities.
- Author BiographyPippa Grange is a sports psychologist specializing in the area of ethics, leadership, and culture, primarily in elite sport. She holds a Doctor of Applied Psychology from Victoria University and is a Vincent Fairfax Fellow graduate through the St. James Ethics Centre in Sydney. As founder and director of Bluestone Edge, she works as a consultant to some of the key brands in elite sport. She also works with senior leadership teams in the corporate sector and is an international keynote speaker.
- Author(s)Pippa Grange
- PublisherBusiness Expert Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2014
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBusiness Expert Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight230 g
- Width152 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.27New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.42
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.