All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNOTE: Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the Enhanced Pearson eText may t be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.This package includes the Enhanced Pearson eText and the loose-leaf version. This authoritative resource, written by two counseling professors one an attorney and the other an expert in ethics explores the most difficult ethical, legal, and professional challenges in counseling in an easy-to-understand manner. Ideal for instructors who do t specialize in the topics presented, and for students who are learning about the counseling profession, Ethical, Legal, and Professional Issues in Counseling includes numerous case studies throughout t only to highlight difficult situations faced by counselors, but also to give readers the benefit of the authors best thinking on how to resolve the dilemmas. The complex legal, ethical, and professional counseling issues are analyzed and discussed in a manner that allows counselors to resolve challenging situations as they arise in their practice. Included is practical advice on how to manage ethical and legal issues such as using techlogy and social media, counseling mirs and vulnerable adults, counseling clients who may be suicidal or violent, responding to subpoenas; setting boundaries with clients, students, and supervisees serving as gatekeepers for the counseling profession; developing a private practice, responding to complaints, and practicing in a diversity-sensitive manner. The topics are relevant for school counselors, clinical mental health counselors, college counselors, rehabilitation counselors, marriage and family counselors, substance abuse counselors, and counselors who practice in other specialties. As a text it is appropriate for undergraduate, master s level, and doctoral level human services and counseling. The Enhanced Pearson eText features embedded video.Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText* The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content. The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
- Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience.
- Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad(r) and Android(r) tablet.*
- Affordable. Experience the advantages of the Enhanced Pearson eText along with all the benefits of print for 40% to 50% less than a print bound book.
- Author BiographyTheodore P. Remley, Jr. is a professor and holds the Booth-Bricker Endowed Chair in Counseling at Our Lady of Holy Cross College in New Orleans, Louisiana. In the past, he has coordinated counseling graduate programs at George Mason University, Mississippi State University, the University of New Orleans, and Old Dominion University. He holds a Ph.D. in Counselor Education from the University of Florida, and a law degree (J.D.) from Catholic University in Washington, D.C. He is licensed as a Professional Counselor in Virginia, Louisiana, and Mississippi, and is a member of the bar in Virginia and Florida. Additionally, he is licensed as a Marriage and Family Therapist in Louisiana. Dr. Remley has served on the counselor licensure boards in Virginia, Mississippi, the District of Columbia, and Louisiana, and chaired the boards in Virginia and Mississippi.Dr. Remley is co-author ofEthical, Legal, and Professional Issues in the Practice of Marriage and Family Therapy, Fifth Edition(Pearson, 2011), and is a co-editor of Ethical and Legal Issues in School Counseling, Third Edition (American School Counselor Association, 2011). He has served as a school counselor, college counselor, U. S. Army officer, and has had a private practice in both counseling and law, and is a former Executive Director of the American Counseling Association. Dr. Remley frequently takes counseling students and professionals to Italy where he is actively involved in professional counseling activities in that country. He also has also directed counselor study abroad institutes in Italy, Ireland, Bhutan, Argentina, and Malawi, Africa.Barbara Herlihyis University Research Professor in the Counselor Education Program at the University of New Orleans. In the past, she has held faculty positions at the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater, the University of Houston-Clear Lake, and Loyola University of New Orleans. She earned her Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology from Northwestern University. A Licensed Professional Counselor and Board-Approved LPC Supervisor and a National Certified Counselor, Dr. Herlihy has served as a school counselor, community agency counselor, and counselor in private practice. She is the co-author with Gerald Corey of theACA Ethical Standards Casebook, Seventh Edition(2015), andBoundary Issues in Counseling, Third Edition(American Counseling Association, 2015). She is a past-Chair of the ACA Ethics Committee, and served as a member of the 2005 ACA Ethics Code Revision Taskforce. Author of numerous published articles and book chapters on the topics of ethical issues, diversity and social justice, and feminist therapy, Dr. Herlihy has presented workshops and seminars on ethical issues across the United States and internationally, most recently in Malta.
- Author(s)Barbara P Herlihy,Theodore P Remley
- Date of Publication02/12/2015
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight680 g
- Width180 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Contained items statementContains Loose-leaf
- Edition Statement5th
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.