All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTypically, educational leadership is t considered a moral-ethical undertaking. But educators face a dismaying array of moral-ethical challenges from academic dishonesty to sexual harassment every day in our nation's schools. Ethical School Leadership provides a systematic approach to resolving these school-based moral-ethical issues. It offers real world moral-ethical dilemmas, alternate theories of ethical decision-making, and differing philosophies of leadership. Present and future school leaders will find kwledge, dispositions, and performance criteria by which to evaluate case studies of moral-ethical leadership. This book provides an up-to-date treatment of the subject without arcane termilogy or abstract argument. Its aim is to provide encouraging, practical thinking about the moral-ethical problems facing our school leaders today and will be of interest to school principals, teachers, school board members and students of education.
- Author BiographySpencer J. Maxcy is professor of education, Louisiana State University. He is the author of several books including Democracy, Chaos, and the New School Order, Postmodern School Leadership: Meeting the Crisis in Educational Administration and Educational Leadership: A Critical Pragmatic Perspective.
- Author(s)Spencer J. Maxcy
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication01/05/2002
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Content Noteindex
- Weight322 g
- Width158 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
- AU $51.97Trending at AU $52.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.