Ethical and Social Marketing in Asia: Incorporating Fairness Management by Bang Dang Nguyen, Chris Rowley (Hardback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $127.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $253.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThere is a growing interest in firms' adoption of ethical and social marketing approaches among academics and practitioners alike. Ethical Marketing is the application of ethics into the marketing process, and Social Marketing is a concept that seeks to influence a target audience for the greater social good. Ethical and Social Marketing in Asia examines this so-far unexplored area, investigating why differing cultures and consumption behaviours require different emphasis in different markets. The diversity of the Asian countries provides a perplexing environment to the development and management of ethical and social marketing. The belief that bottom line profits is eugh for a company, is often t favourably viewed by Asian countries emphasising collective, social and long term benefits for the people and country. Due to these interesting characteristics and complexities, the study of ethical and social marketing in Asia is a timely topic. The first chapters introduce Ethical Marketing in Asia, followed by case studies of how the approach is used across 14 diverse ecomies, geographically based on 'clusters'; North East, (China, Taiwan, Japan, South Korea), South East (Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, the Philippines, Indonesia) and South Asia (India, Pakistan, Bangladesh). The second part discusses Social Marketing using the same sequence of regions and ecomies and the third part explores the unique link to Fairness Management in Asia, followed by a conclusion. * explores the nature of ethical and social marketing from an Asian perspective* discusses current ethical and social marketing researches and practices in different areas, industries, commercial and n-commercial sectors* serves as an invaluable resource for marketing academics and practitioners requiring more than anecdotal evidence of different ethical and social marketing applications* compares and contrasts unethical situations covering important aspects related to ethics, society and fairness* includes an interesting mix of theory, research findings and practices
- Author BiographyBang Nguyen, PhD, is Associate Professor of Marketing at East China University of Science and Technology (ECUST), Shanghai, China. Previously, he held faculty positions at Oxford Brookes University and RMIT International University Vietnam and was a Visiting Scholar at CEIBS. Bang is an experienced consultant and advises on marketing and brand development for SMEs and start-up, and has extensive knowledge in service organizations (consumer products/services). He has published widely in journals and has published in more than 70 peer reviewed scientific articles and books, as well as presented at national and international conferences. His research interests include customer relationship management, services marketing, consumer behaviour, branding and social marketing. Professor Chris Rowley is Professorial Fellow, Institute of Hallyu Convergence Research, Korea University, Korea, Adjunct Professor, Griffith Business School, Griffith University, Australia, Visiting Fellow, Institute of Asia and Pacific Studies, Nottingham University, UK and Professor, Cass Business School, City University, London, UK. He is Editor of the leading journal Asia Pacific Business Review, Series Editor of the Working in Asia and Asian Studies book series. He has given a range of talks and lectures to universities and companies internationally with research and consultancy experience with unions, business and government. Professor Rowley has published widely in the area of HRM and Asian business, with over 500 articles, books and chapters and practitioner pieces.
- Author(s)Bang Dang Nguyen,Chris Rowley
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication19/02/2015
- SubjectSales & Marketing
- Series TitleChandos Asian Studies Series
- Place of PublicationOXford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChandos Publishing (Oxford) Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight658 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.78
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.86
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.89
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.38
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.38
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $91.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.