Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionEthicmentality is an invative book. It blends ethics with mentality to capture the interdependence of ethical life and social life creatively. The book is also invative because of the way this interdependence is explored. By focusing on practical ethical behavior in today's ecomy, business, and society, Michela Betta has advanced an understanding of ethics freed from the burden of moral theory. By introducing a new type of analysis this book also contributes to methodological invation. Familiar issues are revisited through the tion of ethicmentality. Capitalist ecomy is presented in terms of a mentality embedded in society, culture, and politics. Government is revealed as mentality about how to govern ecomically through market freedom rather than human rights. The rise of the financial ecomy is described as challenging the traditional capitalist mentality of equal opportunities. A money mentality around debts and owing is perceived as having replaced credit and owning, and the rise of corporation managers as having destroyed the old mentality of ownership. Ethicmentality shows the potential of constructive critique from ecomic, business, and society perspectives. It also breaches traditional limits by developing the idea of ethical capital and entrepreneurial ethics. Ethical thinking is infused with the Aristotelian tion of virtues and moderation to reflect about modern work. Ethicmentality helps us see the complexity of social and personal life. Given the pervasive nature of mentality and ethics' focus on individual deliberation, ethicmentality represents their productive combination, a new blend for ethical and social analysis.
- Author BiographyMichela Betta is a teacher, researcher, theorist, and writer. She studied philosophy and social sciences in Milan and Frankfurt, and completed her doctorate at the Johann Wolfgang Goethe University of Frankfurt. She has held academic positions in Germany and Australia where she currently lives and is a senior academic at Swinburne University of Technology (Melbourne). She is interested in ethics in relation to a variety of topics spanning organisation, management, business, education, law, and science. She has published on a variety of topics in scholarly journals and books associated with her research interests. Michela has also published three collections of short stories with the intention of exploring ethical thinking through literary media.
- Author(s)Michela Betta
- Date of Publication06/05/2016
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleIssues in Business Ethics
- Series Part/Volume Number45
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Notebiography
- Weight473 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.