All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionToday's nurses face a multitude of legal and ethical dilemmas that fall outside the scope of clinical and medical training. Practical and thought provoking, ETHICS & ISSUES IN CONTEMPORARY NURSING, 4th Edition examines the latest trends, principles, theories, and models in patient care to help you make ethically sound decisions in complex and often controversial situations. Ackwledging an ever-expanding global society, compelling examples are presented from national and international headlines that invite readers to explore the cases in light of socio-cultural influences, personal values, and professional ethics. Historical examples demonstrate how to think critically through various problems while upholding moral and professional standards, as well as the law. Key topics include patient advocacy and rights, diversity, medication error prevention, health care information management, portability and accountability, and health care reform. In addition to in-book learning features like analysis problems, review questions, sample forms, and appendices, ETHICS & ISSUES IN CONTEMPORARY NURSING, 4th Edition offers supplemental, interactive tools to challenge you further, and prepare you for morally sound behavior in any health care setting.
- Author BiographyMargaret A. Burkhardt is Associate Professor Emerita, West Virginia University School of Nursing. She taught nursing and practiced holistic nursing care for more than thirty years, and is an active member of the American Holistic Nurses Association. A prolific writer, Dr. Burkhardt has published numerous articles and book chapters, as well as co-authoring two books on spirituality in health and ethics in nursing. Alvita Nathaniel is an Associate Professor and the Coordinator of the Family Nurse Practitioner Track at the Robert C. Byrd Health Sciences Center at West Virginia University School of Nursing. In addition to teaching, she has worked as a family nurse practitioner in free clinics and juvenile detention facilities for more than two decades. An active participant in policy-making, Dr. Nathaniel's articles regularly appear in journals and other health care-related publications.
- Author(s)Alvita K. Nathaniel,Margaret Burkhardt
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication24/06/2013
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationClifton Park
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDelmar Cengage Learning
- Weight842 g
- Width187 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and Online resource
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.