All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.94
About this product
- DescriptionAs a healthcare practitioner, you will face a broad range of professional dilemmas in your everyday practice. From seeking consent to upholding patient confidentiality, you'll rely on your kwledge of ethics, the law and professional codes of conduct to guide your actions. Balancing these three strands can be difficult, but with detailed scenarios and accessible discussion, this book guides you through the complexities of practice. Taking a practice-based approach, the text explores the combination of ethical, legal and professional issues which characterise the field of healthcare. A range of experienced contributors come together to provide: ? detailed analysis of confidentiality, accountability, consent, capacity and justice, all grounded within the daily practice context; ? authoritative guidance through discussion of legal cases, excerpts from statutes and extracts from professional guidelines; ? realistic scenarios drawn from a range of health settings, unravelling and illustrating the guidelines, statutes and policies which influence practice; ? advice on balancing the conflicting pressures of the modern healthcare context, from facing time limitations to challenging the unprofessional practice of others. Ethics, Law and Professional Issues puts you at the centre of some of a practitioner's most difficult decisions. It is therefore an essential resource for any student of healthcare looking to develop an ethically, legally and professionally sound approach to practice.
- Author BiographyANN GALLAGHER Senior Research Fellow in the Faculty of Health and Social Care Sciences, Kingston University and St George's University of London, UK. She is a member of several clinical and research ethics committees and of the editorial and advisory boards of Nursing Ethics and Ethics and Social Welfare. Her research and publications are in the field of applied and professional ethics. SUE HODGE Lecturer in Law at theUniversity of Surrey, UK.
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication22/03/2012
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight245 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byAnn Gallagher,Sue Hodge
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.