All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEthics, Legal Issues and Professionalism for Surgical Technology introduces you to key, non-technical aspects of professional practice. Understanding and applying the proper concepts regarding ethics, legal issues, and professionalism is vital for a surgical technologist. This book offers you a foundation in these principles so you can make the right decisions and perform in a manner that renders the highest quality patient care possible. You will develop a base of knowledge in the fundamentals of ethics and legal issues and then progress through theory on moral reasoning, human value development and the bio-psychosocial needs of the patient. Controversial topics will be introduced for analysis and discussion. From there, you move on to legal terminology, sources and types of law, legal doctrines, and liabilities. The final section focuses on professional practice and exposes you to the basic knowledge and behaviors a professional must have.
- Author BiographyJulia Jackson, BAH, CST, has been Program Coordinator and Academic Coordinator of Clinical Education at Baker College of Flint, MI for over five year. She has been a Certified Surgical Technologist for over ten years. She is on the AST Education Committee as well as the AST Core Curriculum Revision Committee and is the Chair of the Bake College-Flint Surgical Technology Board.
- Author(s)Julia A. Jackson
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication01/12/2005
- SubjectSurgery: Professional
- Place of PublicationClifton Park
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDelmar Cengage Learning
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight545 g
- Width188 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.