All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.48
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.00
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $76.73
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $84.53
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.58
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.19
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.62
About this product
- DescriptionThis practical book is dedicated to building ethical organizations. It has been written for college students preparing for careers in public service as well as for elected and appointed officials, administrators, and career public servants in the United States and elsewhere. Concise and comprehensive, Ethics Management for Public and Nonprofit Managers takes a managerial ethics approach to building and leading ethical public organizations. It includes: * a discussion of the U.S. constitutional and administrative environment in which officials carry out their duties; * descriptions and assessments of the tools available to elected and appointed officials who are committed to building ethical organizations; * an overview of legislative and administrative measures taken by Congress, presidents, the judiciary, and the fifty states to foster ethical governance; * unique coverage of ethics management around the world, with a focus on the US, Europe, and Asia; and * hands-on skill-building exercises with active learning opportunities that conclude each chapter. This third edition includes a new chapter on 'achieving ethical competence,' exploring a wide range of ethical issues that confront public and nprofit managers in their efforts to lead and build organizations of integrity. Examples and cases from both the public and the nprofit sectors are incorporated throughout the third edition so that the book acts as a kind of 'field guide' for ethical behavior, with descriptions and assessments of the tools available to elected and appointed officials at every level. Accompanying the third edition text is a series of exercises that build ethical competence skills, asking the reader to judge the ethical competence of key actors in cases drawn from recent headlines.
- Author BiographyDonald C. Menzel is President of Ethics Management International and Emeritus Professor of Public Administration, Northern Illinois University, USA. He served as the 2005-6 president of the American Society for Public Administration and has published widely in the field of public administration, with a particular interest in local government management and ethics. He is the author of Ethics Moments in Government (Routledge, 2010) and co-editor (with Harvey L. White) of The State of Public Administration: Issues, Challenges, and Opportunities (Routledge, 2011).
- Author(s)Donald C. Menzel
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication05/07/2016
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note6 black & white illustrations, 2 black & white tables, 6 black & white line drawings
- Weight430 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.