All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMaking sure that performance in business enterprise is achieved ethically is small task. Leaders, managers, and employees at every level of the organization need to utilize systems and processes that support ethical strength, establishing a workplace where responsibility, accountability, and doing the right thing are genuinely valued and practiced. Management can help support ethical performance in workers' daily task actions by underscoring the importance of rules and regulations, while also moving to ensure that employees understand and care about doing what's right. Given that most firms only emphasize compliance in ethics training, there is vast room for additional development. Training people to be less bad is t good eugh. With the infusion of mandatory requirements for ethics training programs in some firms and self-imposed initiatives in others, we see a range of deliverables. To advance ethics in practice, a closer look at ethics training in the workplace is warranted.
This volume attempts to better understand ethics in organizational settings by taking a focused look at the science of ethics training and best practices, areas for concern, specific techniques, application outcomes, how to cultivate an ethical work environment, and considering where opportunities for additional inquiry reside. Managers and practitioners reading this book will garner specific trends and useful techniques that can inform, guide, and improve their efforts to build ethical awareness and effective ethical decision-making within their organizations. Academic scholars will find this book useful, providing insight as to where additional research and empirical work is needed.
- Author BiographyLeslie E. Sekerka, Menlo College, USA
- PublisherInformation Age Publishing
- Date of Publication16/10/2013
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Series TitleEthics in Practice
- Place of PublicationGreenwich
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintInformation Age Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight669 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byCarole L. Jurkiewicz,Leslie E. Sekerka,Robert A. Giacalone
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.88Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.