All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a comprehensive introduction to media ethics and an exploration of how it must change to adapt to today's media revolution. Using an ethical framework for the new 'mixed media' ethics - taking in the global, interactive media produced by both citizens and professionals - Stephen J. A. Ward discusses the ethical issues which occur in both mainstream and n-mainstream media, from newspapers and broadcast to social media users and bloggers. He re-defines traditional conceptions of journalistic truth-seeking, objectivity and minimizing harm, and examines the responsible use of images in an image-saturated public sphere. He also draws the contours of a future media ethics for the 'new mainstream media' and puts forward cosmopolitan principles for a global media ethics. His book will be invaluable for all students of media and for others who are interested in media ethics.
- Author BiographyStephen J. A. Ward is the James E. Burgess Professor and Director of the Center of Journalism Ethics at the University of Wisconsin, Madison. He is the author of The Invention of Journalism Ethics: The Path to Objectivity and Beyond (2006), Global Journalism Ethics (2010) and the co-editor of Media Ethics Beyond Borders: A Global Perspective (2010).
- Author(s)Stephen J. A. Ward
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication15/09/2011
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Series TitleCambridge Applied Ethics
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Weight740 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.