All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
About this product
- DescriptionPlease te: this book is for students taking the pre-2016 OCR GCE Religious Studies AS and A2 specification. The new book is called Religion and Ethics for OCR: The Complete Resource for the New Specification. Ethics for OCR Religious Studies: The Complete Resource for AS and A2 is an ideal guide for students taking AS and A2 courses in the pre-2016 OCR GCE Religious Studies specification (H172 and H572). Ethics for OCR provides a rigorous and accessible introduction to both historical and contemporary ethical debates. Drawing on insights from recent examiners' reports and mark schemes, and following the OCR course outline closely, Mark Coffey and Dennis Brown's landmark book includes: * Up-to-date discussions of key debates in religious ethics * Ethical theories set in their historical context * Attention given to contemporary developments in law, science, techlogy, and society * A thorough guide to writing the perfect exam answer * A detailed exposition of OCR's assessment criteria and how best to meet them * Profiles of leading ethical, philosophical and religious thinkers, a chapter by chapter glossary, and helpful chapter summaries * Discussion points, activity boxes and past paper questions The most comprehensive book on the market, Ethics for OCR Religious Studies provides a rigorous and accessible introduction to both historical and contemporary ethical debates, including chapters on sexual and environmental and business ethics. Written with verve and clarity, the book's user-friendly style and attention to detail will help students of all abilities to achieve their best.
- Author BiographyMark Coffey is a teacher of Religion and Philosophy at The Manchester Grammar School and a regular presenter of The Daily Service on BBC Radio 4. An Oxford theology graduate, he did a Master s degree by research on Hauerwas at Leeds University under Nigel Biggar. He has written an introduction to the theological ethics of Stanley Hauerwas. Dennis Brown teaches at The Manchester Grammar School where he is Head of one of the largest Religion & Philosophy departments in Britain. He studied theology and philosophy at Edinburgh, New York and Oxford. In addition to writing books and articles on early church history, he has authored A Level textbooks on Religious Studies. His longstanding and particular interest in Ethics has seen him develop courses on legal, medical and business Ethics. He has wide experience of examining, question paper setting and syllabus development. He enjoys challenging young people's assumptions and prejudices.
- Author(s)Dennis Brown,Mark Coffey
- PublisherPolity Press
- Date of Publication14/11/2014
- SubjectReligious Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolity Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight904 g
- Width198 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine36 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.