All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is Book 6 of 7 in the Ethgrapher's Toolkit, Second Edition. Ethics in Ethgraphy explores the burgeoning field of research ethics and addresses how both formal and informal ethical considerations underpin good ethgraphic research. Coming from the position that particular research design is more or less prone to generate ethical issues, LeCompte and Schensul open this volume with a short history of formal oversight for human research and address the formal ethical responsibilities incumbent upon researchers. Next, they consider how informal or everyday ethics affect researchers' daily interactions in the field. In recognition of the shift toward team-based field research, the authors pay special attention to ethics related to collaborative research. The book concludes with an examination of new challenges and issues ranging from new field realities to the ethics of interpreting research results. As with all books in the series, this title features case studies, checklists, key points to remember, and additional resources to consult; the result is a uniquely detailed and eminently useful introduction to the ethical conduct of ethgraphy. Other books in the set: Book 1: Designing and Conducting Ethgraphic Research: An Introduction, Second Edition by Margaret D. LeCompte and Jean J. Schensul 9780759118690 Book 2: Initiating Ethgraphic Research: A Mixed Methods Approach by Stephen L. Schensul, Jean J. Schensul, and Margaret D. LeCompte 9780759122017 Book 3: Essential Ethgraphic Methods: A Mixed Methods Approach, Second Edition by Jean J. Schensul and Margaret D. LeCompte 9780759122031 Book 4: Specialized Ethgraphic Methods: A Mixed Methods Approach edited by Jean J. Schensul and Margaret D. LeCompte 9780759122055 Book 5: Analysis and Interpretation of Ethgraphic Data: A Mixed Methods Approach, Second Edition by Margaret D. LeCompte and Jean J. Schensul 9780759122079 Book 7: Ethgraphy in Action: A Mixed Methods Approach by Jean J. Schensul and Margaret D. LeCompte 9780759122116
- Author BiographyMargaret D. LeCompte is professor emerita of education and sociology at the University of Colorado, Boulder. Jean J. Schensul is founding director and senior scientist at the Institute for Community Research, Hartford, Connecticut.
- Author(s)Jean J. Schensul,Margaret Diane LeCompte
- PublisherAltaMira Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication18/06/2014
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleEthnographer's Toolkit
- Series Part/Volume Number6
- Place of PublicationCalifornia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAltaMira Press,U.S.
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, 2 black & white halftones, 2 tables
- Weight526 g
- Width154 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.