All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.13
About this product
- DescriptionThe eighth volume on Managing Groups in Teams focuses on the forces that perpetuate or mitigate unethical behavior in groups. Group-based interactions, in comparison to individual interactions, pose unique challenges: the salient dimensions in the external environment can be different, within-group processes must be considered, and decision-making needs to be analyzed within a group-based context. The authors in this volume reflect on these forces and their role in unethical behavior. In the external environment, legal and ethical standards, sanctioning systems, the strategic fracturing of kwledge within organizations, and the communication medium used in virtual teams are identified as important influences on unethical behavior in group settings. Within the group, it is argued that certain processes such as social cohesion, group-level envy, and the intersection of self-interest and social identity are influential in ethical dilemmas. And, at the decision-making level, an examination of ethical decision-making within groups suggests that perspective taking by individual members, the felt pressure to avoid in-group favoritism by mirities, and intergenerational decisions must be taken into account. Together, these articles underscore the importance of considering the role that groups play in unethical behavior and are an essential source of information for those who wish to understand how unethical decisions are perpetuated within groups and organizations.
- PublisherEmerald Group Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication21/04/2006
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleResearch on Managing Groups & Teams
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 8
- Place of PublicationBingley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJAI Press Inc.
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight592 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byAnn E. Tenbrunsel,R. Wageman
- Series Edited byElizabeth A. Mannix,Margaret Ann Neale
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.