Ethics in Psychotherapy and Counseling: A Practical Guide by Kenneth S. Pope, Melba J. Vasquez (Paperback, 2016)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $73.39Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $114.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe ethics book psychology student or professional should be without Thoroughly updated and expanded to include recent research findings, landmark legal decisions, the Hoffman Investigation Report, and changes in the ethical guidelines of the American Psychological Association and the Canadian Psychological Association, the new 5th edition of Ethics in Psychotherapy and Counseling covers the latest developments in ethical thinking, standards, and practice. You'll learn how to strengthen your ethical awareness, judgement, and decision-making. Distinguished Emeritus Professor Don Meichenbaum described the 5th edition as 'a MUST READ book for both beginning and seasoned clinicians' and Professor David H. Barlow wrote, 'A stunningly good book...If there is only one book you buy on ethics, this is the one.' * Covers the many changes and challenges brought about by new techlogy, EHRs, videoconferencing, and texting, as well as practicing across state and provincial borders * Discusses moral distress and moral courage * Includes 5 chapters on different aspects of critical thinking about ethical challenges, including a chapter on 'Ethics Placebos, Cons, and Creative Cheating: A User's Guide' * Deals with complex issue of culture, race, religion, sexual identity, sexual orientation, and politics * Provides steps to strengthen ethics in organizations * Offers guidance on responding to ethics, licensing, and malpractice complaints t to imply that you'll need to after reading this book! * Keeps the focus on practical, creative approaches to the responsibilities, challenges, and opportunities encountered by therapists and counselors in their work
- Author BiographyKENNETH S. POPE is in independent practice as a licensed psychologist. He has chaired the ethics committees of the American Psychological Association (APA) and the American Board of Professional Psychology (ABPP). He received the 2015 Canadian Psychological Association John C. Service Member of the Year Award. MELBA J. T. VASQUEZ is a psychologist in independent practice in Austin, Texas. She has served on various ethics committees and task forces and served as the 2011 President of the American Psychological Association.
- Author(s)Kenneth S. Pope,Melba J. Vasquez
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication15/01/2016
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Weight666 g
- Width152 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
- AU $28.00Trending at AU $30.37
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.