Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $123.97Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by oodals
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $205.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis fresh, confident second edition expands its focus on the theoretical and practical aspects of doing qualitative research in light of new ethical dilemmas facing researchers today. In a climate of significant social and techlogical change, researchers must respond to increased ethical regulation and scrutiny of research. New sources, types of data and modes of accessing participants are all challenging and reconfiguring traditional ideas of the research relationship. This engaging textbook explores key ethical dilemmas - including research boundaries, informed consent, participation, rapport and analysis - within the context of a rapidly changing research environment. The book effectively covers the ethical issues related to the data collection process, helping readers to address the ethical considerations relevant to their research. This fully updated new edition: Maps the changing and increasingly techlogy-reliant aspects of research relationships and practices Provides researchers with guidance through practical examples, enabling those engaged in qualitative research to question and navigate in ethical ways This book is essential reading for all those engaged in qualitative research across the social sciences.
- Author BiographyAs an academic manager I am committed to enhance academic practice for Associate Lecturers. A core component of my current role is to provide staff development opportunities to extend teaching and learning scholarship . I also support the delivery of health and social care courses and evidence the teaching and learning needs that arise from practice focussed and practice based courses. I currently chair K221: 'Perspectives on Complementary and Alternative Medicine', a role that reflects my long term research interest in health and wellbeing beyond formal understandings and health care practices. I have several publication in research methodology and in 2011 a second edition of 'Ethics in Qualitative Research.' Mauthner, Birch, Miller and Jessop (2002) is due. I have developed teaching and learning across many health and social care areas and my discipline areas are underpined primairly with a sociological apporach. I previously worked on course production for mental health and mental health practice. Here I completed substantial lead author and editing roles that progress service user involvement, professional practice and raise the OU profile with other agencies and professional services.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication13/09/2012
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Edited byJulie Jessop,Maxine Birch,Melanie Mauthner,Tina Miller
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.51
- AU $21.35Trending at AU $22.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.