Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $17.94Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by oodals
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $41.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book contains a framework for productive discussion and thinking about ethics and Big Data in business environments. With the increasing size and scope of information that Big Data techlogies can provide business, maintaining an ethical practice benefits from a common framework of understanding and vocabulary for discussing questions about coherent and consistent practices. A framework provides you with a set of conceptual terms and tools that help decision-markers to engage difficult questions the expanding role Big Data plays in an increasing variety of products and services. The approach is to develop a set of terms and concepts, consider ethical principles useful in meaningful business discussions, and then explore and compare several overall views on data handling to help inform the development of an ethics-based data strategy. The focus is to enhance effective decision-making in business rather than legislate what ought to be done with data. In this book, you will learn methods and techniques to facilitate rigorous, productive internal discussion, and express coherent and consistent positions on your organization's perspective on the use of Big Data in commerce.
- Author BiographyKord Davis is a former Principal Consultant with Cap Gemini and has spent nearly 20 years providing business strategy, analysis, and technical consulting to over 100 organizations of all sizes including: Autotask, Microsoft, Intel, Sisters of Mercy Healthcare, Nike, Bonneville Power Administration (BPA), Northwest Energy Alliance (NEEA), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Western Digital, Fluke, Merix, Roadway Express, and Gardenburger. Integrating a professional background in telecommunications and an academic background in philosophy, he brings passionate curiosity, the rigor of analysis, and a love of how technology can help us do the things we really want to do better, faster, and easier. A formally trained workgroup facilitator, he holds a BA in Philosophy from Reed College and professional certifications in communication, systems modeling, and enterprise transformation.
- Author(s)Kord Davis
- PublisherO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Date of Publication28/09/2012
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationSebastopol
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight145 g
- Width178 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine4 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $22.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.44New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.