All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $13.42Trending at AU $19.99
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.85
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $17.43
About this product
- DescriptionAs new comparative perspectives on race and ethnicity open up, scholars are identifying and exploring fresh topics and questions in an effort to reconceptualize ethnic studies and draw attention to nation-based approaches that may have previously been igred. This volume, by recognizing the complexity of cultural production in both its diasporic and national contexts, seeks a nuanced critical approach in order to look ahead to the future of transnational literary studies. The majority of the chapters, written by literary and ethnic studies scholars, analyze ethnic literatures of the United States which, given the nation's history of slavery and immigration, form an integral part of mainstream American literature today. While the primary focus is literary, the chapters analyze their specific topics from perspectives drawn from several disciplines, including cultural studies and history. This book is an exciting and insightful resource for scholars with interests in transnationalism, American literature and ethnic studies.
- Author BiographyAparajita Nanda, recipient of a Fulbright faculty teaching scholarship and a Visiting Associate Professorship to the departments of English and African American Studies, UC Berkeley, has taught at Jadavpur University, India and now teaches both at UC Berkeley and Santa Clara University. Her most recent publications include Romancing the Strange, Black California, The Strangled Cry, and articles in Ariel and Callaloo.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication18/12/2014
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleRoutledge Transnational Perspectives on American Literature
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note4 black & white halftones
- Weight566 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byAparajita Nanda
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.