All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book focuses on ethnic and mirity communities in urban contexts and the ways in which their cultures are represented in tourism development. It offers a multi-disciplinary approach which draws on examples and case studies of ethnic and mirity communities and cultural tourism development from all around the world, including slums in India, favelas in Brazil, Chinatowns in Australia, Jewish quarters in Central and Eastern Europe, ethnic villages in China, the African district of Brussels, the gay quarter in Cape Town and a desert town in Israel. It offers a positive perspective on ethnic and mirity cultures and communities at a time when social and political support is lacking in many countries. This book will be a useful resource for those studying and researching cultural and urban tourism, urban planning and development, community studies and urban and cultural geography.
- Author BiographyAnya Diekmann is Professor of Tourism at the Universite Libre de Bruxelles (ULB), Belgium. Her research focuses mainly on cultural tourism, urban ethnic and slum tourism as well as social tourism. Melanie Kay Smith is Associate Professor in Tourism at BKF University of Applied Sciences, Budapest. Her research focuses on cultural tourism, community-based tourism, urban development and planning and health and wellness tourism.
- PublisherChannel View Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication15/01/2015
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Series TitleAspects of Tourism
- Series Part/Volume Number65
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChannel View Publications
- Weight420 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byAnya Diekmann,Melanie Kay Smith
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.27New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.42
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.