Ethnicity, Health and Health Care: Understanding Diversity, Tackling Disadvantage by John Wiley and Sons Ltd (Paperback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $34.41Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $12.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume considers the implications of national and international social, political, and ecomic realities for health and health care provision to mirity ethnic groups. Addresses continuity and change in debates on ethnicity, health, and health care Considers the implications of national and international social, political, and ecomic realities for health and health care provision to mirity ethnic groups Represents the experiences of settled and new mirity ethnic groups, refugees, and asylum seekers across the world Includes international comparisons between Caribbean migrants to the US and UK, the provision of interpreters in general practice and the variations in uptake of disability living allowance across ethnic groups
- Author BiographyWaqar I. U. Ahmad is a leading contributor to research on ethnicity and health, especially in relation to disability and chronic illness. He edited (with Charles Husband) the Open University book series, Race, Health and Social Care . Waqar has published in leading journals in social science ( Sociology , Social Science & Medicine , Sociology of Health & Illness , Ageing and Society ) and medicine ( The Lancet , Journal of Public Health Medicine ). He has been a member of the Economic and Social Research Council's Strategic Research Board (2002-06). Outside of academia, Waqar has been Vice Chair of a Primary Care Trust and Chief Social Scientist at the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister (2001-04). He is Assistant Vice Chancellor (Research and Enterprise) at Middlesex University. Hannah Bradby has published research papers in Sociology of Health & Illness , Ethnicity & Health and Social Science & Medicine , among other journals. Her latest book is an interpretation of medical sociology for medical students, to be published in 2008 and she is the monograph editor for Sociology of Health & Illness . She teaches at the University of Warwick where she co-directs the Institute of Health.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication22/04/2008
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleSociology of Health and Illness Monographs
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight266 g
- Width155 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byHannah Bradby,Waqar Ahmad
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $20.09Trending at AU $23.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.