All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis new edition of Karen O'Reilly's popular Ethgraphic Methods provides a comprehensive and accessible introduction to the technical, practical and philosophical issues that arise when employing traditional and invative research methods in relation to human agents. Using a wide range of case studies and source material to illustrate the dilemmas and resolutions that an ethgraphic researcher may encounter, this textbook guides the reader from the initial design and planning stages through to the analysis and writing-up. It explores the historical and philosophical foundations of ethgraphic research and goes on to cover a range of relevant topics such as participant observation, qualitative interviews, (focus) group interviews and visual data collection and analysis. Having been substantially revised and updated, the second edition includes new discussions of emerging practices such as reflexive ethgraphy and autoethgraphic accounts, as well as an entire chapter dedicated to new directions in the field - including virtual, mobile, multi-sited and global ethgraphy.
- Author BiographyKaren O'Reilly is Professor of Sociology at Loughborough University, where she teaches tourism, migration and advanced ethnographic methods.
- Author(s)Karen O'Reilly
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication18/11/2011
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight430 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.85Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.