All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionIn everyday life, emotions like rage, anger or frustration are t, generally, condoned. Indeed, a good part of the work of enculturation is devoted to managing social conduct so as to avoid or suppress emotions considered negative or unproductive. In the ethgraphic literature, scrutiny of these kinds of emotional states and their expression is rare, t least because they reside somewhere between the individual and his or her cultural surrounds and are hard to pinpoint. The authors of the present issue Rage, Anger and other Donts: Cultural Expression and Suppression of the Undesirable and Unbearable in Everyday Life invite readers to explore practices and discourses within which these kinds of emotions or, more prominently, their disciplining can be grasped ethlogically. Alongside four scholarly articles, four essays encircle the theme in a more literary vein, albeit grounded in careful observation and recollection. The introduction and two final comments seek to frame topics ranging from road rage and the controlling of prisoners anger to a mepausal kitchen outburst, and to point the way toward further possible research in this largely unexplored realm of culturally shaped practice.
- Author BiographyRegina Bendix is professor at Georg-August Universitat, Gottingen.
- PublisherMuseum Tusculanum Press
- Date of Publication01/05/2016
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCopenhagen
- Country of PublicationDenmark
- ImprintMuseum Tusculanum Press
- Content Noteillus
- Weight159 g
- Width170 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Edited byRegina F. Bendix
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.