Ethnomusicology: A Study of its Nature, its Problems, Methods and Representative Personalities to Which is Added a Bibliography by E. D Kunst (Paperback, 1974)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $96.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis booklet hardly needs a preface; the contents, I think. speak for themselves.It contains a short and carefully brought up to date resume of all that I. as a private University Lecturer in Amsterdam. have tried to teach my pupils. It is intended as a general introduction to ethmusicology, before going on to the study of the forms of separate music-cultures. I sincerely hope that those, who wish to teach themselves and to qualify in this branch of kwledge, will find a satisfactory basis for selftuition in the matter here brought together. Regarding the possibility of a new edition, any critical remarks or infor- mation as to possible desiderata would be very gratefully received. J.K. PREFACE TO THE SECOND EDITION My request for critical remarks and desiderata has t been igred. My sincere thanks to all who took the trouble to let me kw what they missed in my booklet. Through their collaboration the contents have undergone a considerable improvement and enlargement as compared to the original edition issued in 1950 by the Royal Tropical Institute, Amsterdam. under the title 'Musicologica'. I have taken care to add many particulars from n-European sources. with the result that w the book is longer so Europe-centric as it was. Furthermore, I have done my best to mention in a special bibliography all the more important ethmusicological publications, with the exception of those issued in the Russian, Arabic. Chinese, Indonesian, Javanese.
- Author(s)E. D Kunst
- Date of Publication31/03/1974
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- ImprintKluwer Academic Publishers
- Content Note52 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight665 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 3rd ed. 1974
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.